584/B/5, Ward No. 14, Sarat Pally, M M Road Bi-lane, Sonai Road, Silchar, Dist. Cachar
WODWICHEE started the Project Outreach and Drop in Centre (ODIC) at Sonai Road, Silchar, District Cachar on 1st Jan, 2020 in accordance to the sanction of grant in aid from NISD with an aim to conduct outreach activities in the community for prevention of drug abuse with a special focus on youth who are dependent on drugs. Safe and secured drop-in space has been accommodated for drug users in the community. The Centre has a provision of screening, assessment and counselling and referral and linkage to treatment and rehabilitation services for drug dependents. The focussed activities carried out by ODIC.
1) Outreach activities in the community among young vulnerable population
2) Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) one to one/group sessions in community.
3) Screening and assessment of clients on substance use disorder
4) Drop-in-Centre facility for people vulnerable/dependent on drug use
5) Individual, group and family counselling
6) Consultation with doctor for referral and linkage with treatment facility
7) Follow up care including family counselling.